Philip has been with Addleshaw Goddard since 2013 and is an Associate in the Corporate Lending and Borrowing & Finance group in the GCC. Previously he completed his training contract and spent a further 3 years practising in the firm's Edinburgh office.
Philip has a diverse range of experience in finance transactions including general corporate finance, leveraged finance, shipping finance and project finance both in the UK and in the GCC.
He has a particular specialism in cross-border real estate financings and completed a secondment in the Corporate Real Estate team at Lloyds Banking Group in 2016.
Philip is both Scots and English law qualified and is a Scottish Notary Public.
- Advised Qatar Electricity and Water Company on a $300,000,000 revolving credit facility made available by a syndicate of international banks.
- Advised Bank Sohar in the provision of a $250,000,000 project finance facility to a port authority based in Muscat, Oman.
- Advised IP Investment Management, a Singaporean private equity fund, on a £34,700,000 development facility made available by a US real estate fund for the development of its PRS site at Media City, Manchester.
- Advised Stellex Capital, a US private equity fund, on the funded acquisition of a 38 strong pub portfolio in the UK.
- Advised HSBC UK Plc in the provision of a £13,000,000 acquisition facility to Kangaroo Self Storage Limited in order to acquire an English competitor.
- Advised Bank of Scotland plc in the provision of a £9,800,000 development facility to a prominent UK house-builder.
- Advised a national care home operator in respect of the security aspects for the sale and leaseback of 21 care homes in the UK.
- Advised a UK clearing bank in the funded acquisition of a venture-capital backed life-sciences business by a London based private equity fund.
- University of Aberdeen - Postgraduate diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2013)
- University of Aberdeen - Bachelor of Laws with Upper Second Class Honours (2012)
- Year qualified: 2015
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Law Society of England & Wales