Philip is involved in a variety of corporate lending transactions including acquisition finance, asset based lending/invoice finance, real estate finance and shipping/project finance. His work spans a range of sectors including technology, food and drink, healthcare and energy/infrastructure.
Philip advises both banks and borrowers in relation to facility and security documentation. He also draws on experience gained whilst on secondment to the Corporate Real Estate team at Lloyds Banking Group in Edinburgh.
- Advised a major UK clearing bank in relation to its funding of a complex business and assets acquisition by its borrower, a major hotel chain.
- Advised a major UK clearing bank in relation to a series of growth finance funding transactions aimed at entities in the technology sector.
- Advised a major UK clearing bank in relation to a number of bilateral lending transactions involving real estate portfolios across the UK.
- Advised a national pawn-broking business in relation to the addition of a £20m revolving credit facility by major UK clearing bank.
- Advised a major UK clearing bank in relation to its provision of bridging and development finance to a UK investment fund. The fund's investors were able to claim tax relief under the Business Premises Renovation Allowance by funding the renovation of a landmark hotel alongside the bank.
- University of Aberdeen - Postgraduate diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2013)
- University of Aberdeen - Bachelor of Laws with Upper Second Class Honours (2012)
- Year qualified: 2015