Anna used to be a partner in our Corporate and Commercial Division and a key member of our cross-division Payments Team – and she has recently returned to the firm as a Consultant. She has a wide range of general commercial, technology, telecommunications and outsourcing experience, gained both in-house and in private practice, and is a leading advisor on payments transactions.
Anna works almost exclusively within the financial services sector and, in particular, has advised the major banks on various sector leading acquiring, issuing and digital payments transactions, as well as retailers and processors on arrangements relating to customer payments. She has an in-depth knowledge of the payments networks and the risks and drivers of the various participants, enabling her to offer valuable insight on all payments related transactions.
Her experience includes:
- advising a major retailer on the migration/outsourcing of the operation of its foreign exchange business;
- advising a major bank on agreements governing its operation of third party card portfolios and the outsourcing of debt collection and other services;
- advising another major bank on its relationship with a retailer enabling the white labelling of financial services products;
- advising a major bank on a micro-merchant mobile payment acceptance solution;
- advising card issuers on the establishment and disposal of prepaid and credit card portfolios;
- advising other retail and financial services clients on various outsourcing and complex commercial arrangements.
- University of Reading (and University of Maastricht), LLB Law with Legal Studies in Europe, 2i (2001)
- BBP Law School, Legal Practice Course, Distinction (2002)
- Year qualified: 2004