As a member of our Finance and Projects Group, Nick specialises in non-contentious transactional finance work.
He has a particular focus on social and affordable housing finance, and has been recognised by independent guides for his work in the social housing sector. Nick provides advice on the sector and the current funding market to a number of our major financial institutional clients, including Clydesdale Bank PLC, Dexia Crédit Local, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide Building Society, Prudential Trustee Company, Santander Group and Yorkshire Building Society.
Recent transactions he has led include advising:
- each of AIB Group (UK) plc, Clydesdale Bank PLC, Dexia Crédit Local, HSBC Bank plc, Lloyds Banking Group, Nationwide Building Society and Royal Bank of Canada on the restructuring of loans to the Network Housing Group. The aggregate facilities were approximately £752,000,000
- a syndicate of funders on the restructuring of loans to Cottsway Housing. The aggregate facilities were approximately £175,000,000
- Nationwide Building Society and Principality Building Society on the restructuring of loans to Valleys to Coast Housing. The aggregate facilities were approximately £35,874,000
- each of Abbey National Treasury Services Limited, Dexia Crédit Local and Lloyds Banking Group in relation to the re-organisation of Devon and Cornwall Housing and its merger with West Devon Homes to create the largest housing organisation in the South-West
- each of Abbey National Treasury Services Limited, Nationwide Building Society and other funders in relation to the merger of the Helena Housing group and the Golden Gates Housing group
- Yorkshire Building Society as arranger of new loans to each of Arcon Housing, Coastal Housing, Nehemiah United Churches Housing, Rhondda Housing, South Liverpool Homes, St Vincent's Housing and Trent & Dove Housing
College of Law - York, 1993
Law LLB - University of Leicester, 1991