Priscilla has acquired breadth of experience dealing with regulatory matters, with a particular specialism advising on health and safety, fire safety, food safety and product safety issues. Priscilla represents clients under investigation or facing enforcement proceedings brought by Environmental Health, Health and Safety Executive, Fire and Rescue Service, Trading Standards and various local authorities.
Priscilla regularly assists clients with internal investigations and she advises companies, organisations and individuals across a variety of industry sectors including construction, engineering, hospitality, health and social care, manufacturing and retail.
Priscilla's background in criminal defence means she is well equipped to provide clients with strategic insight into key issues from the early stages of an investigation right through to proceedings in the magistrates' court and Crown Court.
Priscilla has expertise representing clients at inquests in the Coroner's Court following workplace fatalities, as well as at inquiries established to investigate matters of public concern. Priscilla is responsible for the co-ordination of the firm's representation of three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry as well as acting in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
Priscilla was seconded to the Regulatory team of a leading international clothing, food and homeware retailer at their head offices in London. Priscilla gained experience dealing with an array of regulatory and compliance issues unique to the retail andconsumer sector including food hygiene, safety and standards, packaging and labelling, and pricing and promotions. She worked closely with key stakeholders and made recommendations to the business from a corporate compliance perspective.
Priscilla is recommended in Legal 500 as a key lawyer in health & safety.
Priscilla was Highly Commended for the Best Contribution by an Individual at the LawWorks Pro Bono Awards 2020.
Priscilla's recent experience includes:
- co-ordinating and managing the team representing three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry
- acting on behalf of a corporate Core Participant in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- advising businesses in the logistics and retail sectors on the practical implications of Covid-19 guidance and legislation
- representing a galvanising business in relation to two ongoing HSE investigations and a Coroner's investigation
- advising a joint venture partnership in relation to a HSE investigation and inquest arising from a fatality at a construction site
- acting on behalf of a pharmaceutical distributor facing criminal prosecution by the Information Commissioner's Office arising from the alleged unlawful obtaining of personal data
- advising a food business operator in relation to food allergen labelling requirements
- representing a global online fashion retailer in connection with a Trading Standards investigation
- advising a fund manager with an extensive portfolio of core infrastructure and energy efficiency assets in relation to obligations under health and safety, and fire safety legislation
- providing advice to an international professional services firm in relation to health and safety responsibilities arising from its employee travel and accommodation policies
- providing advice to a transporter of waste materials in relation to its health and safety duties arising in respect of the loading of vehicles at its sites and
- delivering bespoke training to a global online fashion retailer in respect of its product safety obligations.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme
- Health and Safety Lawyers' Association (HSLA)
"Erin Shoesmith and Priscilla Addo-Quaye brought real clarity and honesty to our cause and gave us real confidence that we had engaged a best in class team that personally cared about our business and the outcome of our particular challenge"
(Legal 500 2019)
"Brilliant at eliciting the trust of her clients and managing complex cases"
(Legal 500 2017)