Priscilla has acquired breadth of experience dealing with regulatory matters. Priscilla advises clients in relation to health and safety, fire safety, food safety and product safety issues. Priscilla represents clients under investigation or facing enforcement proceedings brought by Environmental Health, Health and Safety Executive, Fire and Rescue Service, Local Authorities and Trading Standards.
Priscilla's background in criminal defence means she is well equipped to provide clients with insight into key issues from the early stages of an investigation right through to proceedings in the magistrates' court and Crown Court.
Priscilla is also experienced in relation to inquests involving work-related fatalities as well as Public Inquiries to investigate matters of public concern. Priscilla is responsible for the coordination of the firm's representation of three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry.
Priscilla advises companies, organisations and individuals across a variety of industry sectors including construction, engineering, health and social care, manufacturing and retail.
Priscilla was seconded to the Regulatory team of a leading international clothing, food and homeware retailer at their head offices in London. Priscilla worked with a range of internal and external stakeholders in connection with a variety of commercial matters, making recommendations to the business from a corporate compliance perspective and taking proactive steps to minimise risks where appropriate.
Priscilla also managed key relationships with the business's Primary Authorities for Environmental Health and Trading Standards. Priscilla gained experience dealing with an array of regulatory and compliance issues unique to the retail and consumer sector including:
- food hygiene, safety and standards;
- health and nutrition claims;
- packaging and labelling;
- pricing and promotions; and
- product safety and recalls
Priscilla's recent experience includes:
- coordinating the team representing three bereaved families in the Manchester Arena Public Inquiry;
- part of the team acting on behalf of a corporate Core Participant in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry;
- representing a galvanising business in relation to two ongoing HSE investigations and an inquest;
- advising a joint venture company in relation to a HSE investigation and inquest arising from a fatality at a construction site;
- acting on behalf of a pharmaceutical distributor facing criminal prosecution by the Information Commissioner's Office arising from the alleged unlawful obtaining of personal data;
- advising a food business operator in relation to food allergen labelling requirements;
- representing an international online fashion retailer in connection with a Trading Standards investigation;
- delivering training to a major retailer in respect of its product safety obligations;
- advising a fund manager with an extensive portfolio of core infrastructure and energy efficiency assets in relation to obligations under health and safety and fire safety legislation;
- providing advice to a multinational professional services firm in relation to health and safety obligations arising from its employee travel and accommodation policies; and
- providing advice to a transporter of waste materials in relation to its health and safety obligations arising in respect of the loading of vehicles at its sites.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme
- Health and Safety Lawyers' Association (HSLA)
"Erin Shoesmith and Priscilla Addo-Quaye brought real clarity and honesty to our cause and gave us real confidence that we had engaged a best in class team that personally cared about our business and the outcome of our particular challenge"
(Legal 500 2019)
"Brilliant at eliciting the trust of her clients and managing complex cases"
(Legal 500 2017)