Emma is an associate in our Restructuring team based in Leeds.
Emma advises banks, financial institutions, administrators and receivers across the UK on various legal matters arising from business insolvencies and restructurings, with a particular emphasis on distressed real estate transactions.
Emma regularly advises lenders on the validity of facility agreements and security documents, together with advising on enforcement options. She has experience of acting on behalf of administrators, liquidators and receivers in the management and disposal of commercial and residential properties, and advising on any complex issues arising out of such properties.
She also has experience of supporting our corporate finance team on the property elements of non-distressed acquisitions on behalf of corporate clients.
- Acted on behalf of one of the UK's largest clearing banks in reviewing its security over a large property portfolio of c750 properties.
- Advised a large corporate client on the property elements of their acquisition of a specialist training provider (non-distressed transaction).
- Acted on behalf of receivers and administrators in the sale of various complex development sites.
- LLB (Hons) Law, University of Leeds (2014)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP (2015)
- Year qualified - September 2017