Emma advises banks, financial institutions, administrators and receivers across the UK on various legal matters arising from business insolvencies and restructurings, with a particular emphasis on distressed real estate transactions.
Emma regularly advises lenders on the validity of facility agreements and security documents, together with advising on enforcement options. She has experience of acting on behalf of administrators, liquidators and receivers in the management and disposal of commercial and residential properties, and advising on any complex issues arising out of such properties.
Emma has experience of supporting our corporate finance team on the property elements of non-distressed acquisitions on behalf of corporate clients.
Emma also has experience of acting on behalf of lender clients in connection with the acquisition and funding of large real estate sites.
- Acted on behalf of one of the UK's largest clearing banks in reviewing its security over a large property portfolio of c750 properties and later acting on behalf of the Bank in the repayment of the facilities and release of the security.
- Advised a large corporate client on the property elements of their acquisition of a specialist training provider (non-distressed transaction).
- Acted on behalf of Terra Firma in connection with the sale of various Wyevale Garden Centre sites, including sites which were continuing as garden centre businesses and sites to be redeveloped for alternative uses.
- Acted on behalf of one of the UK's largest clearing banks in connection with the funding of a specialist educational site (non-distressed transaction).
- Acted on behalf of Administrators in connection with the administration of a large, complex group of property investment companies.
- Acted on behalf of receivers and administrators in the sale of various complex development sites.