The industry award, for the Deal Structuring team of the Year, saw the firm beat off stiff competition from the other shortlisted firms, Clifford Chance and Shoosmiths, to take home the title.
The firm's UK mid-market focussed team continues to go from strength-to-strength, and during the judging period completed over 40 private equity transactions representing a twofold increase in volume compared to the prior year.
Yunus Seedat, Corporate & Commercial Divisional Managing Partner, said: "We are absolutely thrilled to have won this award in recognition of the strength and depth of our team and the work they have put in over the last 12 months. We always seek to find more innovative ways of working so we can deliver both legal advice and strategic support to clients in a timely, refreshing and more valuable way and it's great to see this paying off. This award is testimony to our capability and continued investment in the Private Equity practice".
Notes to Editors:
Addleshaw Goddard's 9 partner private equity team have advised on a number of key transactions during 2015 including:
- advising ECI on the secondary buy-out of Evans Cycles
- advising Endless on its investment in, and the subsequent disposal of, Kiddicare
- advising the sellers on NVM's disposal of Kerridge to Accel-KKR
- advising management on 3i's investment in Aspen Pumps
- advising Phoenix Equity Partners and NVM on the sale of CloserStill to Inflexion
- advising on Living Bridge's investment in Sykes Cottages
- advising LDC and Scottish Equity Partners on its investment in SSP Group
- advising Synova Capital on its investment in Defaqto