David is a Managing Associate in the Finance Disputes team with extensive experience in claimant and defendant litigation for a range of financial institution clients. He regularly advises on matters involving different types of credit provision and financial products, and issues arising from restructurings and insolvencies, alongside broad commercial and investigation experience. David's work covers early stage advice on the management and resolution of burgeoning disputes, including contractual terminations, through to trial and recovery action.
David has substantial knowledge of clients' experience having completed three secondments with large banking clients, including to an internal investigations team, and understands the importance of commercial and reputational concerns alongside legal analysis.
- Advising a pre-paid card issuer on a time-sensitive multi-jurisdictional payment processing dispute.
- Coordinating interdepartmental teams acting for a private bank in the successful recovery of disputed debts, responding to varied procedural and legal challenges at first instance and on appeal.
- Advising a large institution on contractual financial and regulatory warranty and indemnity claims in the wake of a significant acquisition.
- Advising on internal conduct investigations for regulated and non-regulated clients including managing related customer experience, and necessary reporting requirements.
- Acting for major UK banks defending wide-ranging allegations of structured product mis-selling, and unfair business practices, following the global financial crisis.