Kirsten is a commercial litigator specialising in commercial disputes, professional negligence claims, construction disputes, contractual disputes and insurance litigation.
She is experienced acting on behalf of and against professionals including solicitors, architects, accountants and surveyors in negligence disputes. She also acts for banks, commercial organisations, landowners and private individuals in a range of commercial and contractual disputes.
Kirsten acts regularly on behalf of policy holders in insurance disputes. She is a member of the insurance litigation team, working on coverage disputes for policy holders.
Kirsten also has experience pursuing and defending high value warranty claims and shareholder disputes.
Kirsten has significant experience running complex and high value litigations in the Court of Session providing strategic and commercial advice to clients. Kirsten also has experience appearing in Sheriff Courts across Scotland.
Prior to joining the firm, Kirsten gained considerable experience acting on behalf of insurers in professional negligence matters and has been on secondment to a leading insurer.
- Acting on behalf of a commercial policyholder and successfully challenging an insurer's refusal of cover in respect of a £6,000,000 dispute arising from building works.
- Acting on behalf of developers in a multimillion pound action relative to enforcement of missives.
- Acting on behalf of insurers to represent the interests of multiple firms of architects in respect of claims for professional negligence.
- Acting on behalf of Sellers in relation to a warranty claim in respect of tax liabilities exceeding £1 million.
- Successfully defending a shareholder facing a substantial six figure claim arising from alleged breach of a shareholders' agreement.
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Professional Negligence Lawyers' Association