Mike specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering matters, with a focus on energy and utilities infrastructure, transport and manufacturing / process engineering projects. He has substantial experience of drafting framework, works and services contracts for regulated procurements – and of the the NEC standard forms. He joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2013, from a technical engineering background.
Mike's recent experience includes:
- advising a major UK energy company on a capital works framework for c. £2bn of net zero transmission infrastructure upgrades
- acting as part of the core AG team advising United Utilities on their flagship Haweswater Aqueduct Resilience Programme (value c. £1bn), to be procured under Ofwat's direct procurement for customers process
- supporting on United Utilities' £1.5bn AMP6 and AMP7 capital works frameworks
- supporting a number of major industrials / manufacturing companies, on FEED and EPC procurements of process plant (values of £100m+) in the UK and in Italy
- advising on / drafting works and services frameworks for Manchester Airport Group's c. £700m capital projects programme, and supporting a number of aspects of the c. £1bn Manchester Airport transformation programme
- supporting SGN on the delivery contracts for its £250m Gas to the West project in Northern Ireland