Mike specialises in non-contentious construction and engineering matters, with a focus on projects in the infrastructure, energy, utilities, transport and manufacturing / process engineering sectors. He has substantial experience of drafting framework, works and services contracts for procurements under the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 – particularly using the NEC standard forms. He joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2013, from a technical engineering background.
Mike's recent experience includes:
- acting as part of the core AG team advising United Utilities on their flagship Haweswater Aqueduct Resilience Programme (value c. £1bn), to be procured under Ofwat's direct procurement for customers process;
- supporting on United Utilities' £1.5bn AMP6 and AMP7 capital works frameworks;
- advising on / drafting works and services frameworks for Manchester Airport Group's c. £700m capital projects programme, and supporting a number of aspects of the c. £1bn Manchester Airport transformation programme;
- undertaking two virtual secondments (totalling c. 24 months) with SGN during which he acted as the day to day AG lead for the works, services and supply aspects of the £250m Gas to the West project in Northern Ireland;
- acting for a number of infrastructure owners / operators in the rail sector, including on a capital works framework for a c. £100m upgrade of HV power equipment on a major UK railway network; and
- supporting a major global chemicals manufacturer on the EPCM procurement of manufacturing and process treatment plant at a facility in Italy.