Simi is an Associate in Addleshaw Goddard’s Corporate team in London.
He advises a broad-based clientele on a number of corporate transactions including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures, whilst also advising on regulatory and corporate governance issues. His expertise focuses on clients in the oil and gas, financial services, and FMCG sectors.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, he briefly served as the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer of a fintech start-up in the United States. He also worked as an Associate in one of the leading commercial law firms in Nigeria, advising various clients including multinational corporations, financial institutions, and government entities on complex and strategic transactions. Simi also has a lot of transactional experience in Africa and is a member of Addleshaw Goddard's Africa Business Group.
- A consortium on its proposed acquisition of Petrobas Oil and gas BV
- Celplas Industries Nigeria Ltd on the sale of its pen division to Société BIC SA (BIC)
- Frontier Capital Alternative Assets Ltd on its acquisition of the non-performing assets of a leading financial institution
- A global retail brand on the acquisition a leading Nigerian e-commerce company
- Gray Matters Capital on its acquisition of a leading education financial solutions company
- Yoruba - native