Lucy has experience in a broad spectrum of commercial property transactions and has a particular interest in hotel and leisure property having co-chaired the firms Hotel Sector for many years. She is particularly skilled in managing large teams, helping clients realise value from their existing portfolios, and advising on restructuring and national acquisition and disposal programmes. She is known for mobilising teams quickly and has often worked on transactions involving multiple properties.
Lucy's practice includes advising owners and occupiers, developers and institutions on the full life cycle of a property asset including, site assembly, acquisition, development, operation, sale and leaseback disposal.
Her focus is property within the UK, but her expertise in hotel management agreements has seen her working on properties in Africa, Dubai and Europe.
- Advising a private equity owner on the disposal of over £750m of hotel assets through a series of portfolio disposals spanning 18 months
- Advising Travelodge Hotels Ltd as their key property advisor for over 15 years including acquiring over 200 hotels, advising through two CVAs, dealing with the management of their portfolio and working collaboratively to roll out a nationwide acquisition;
- Working with Institutional landlords including CBREGI and Aberdeen Standard on acquisitions and disposals, forward funding and management;
- Advising retail occupiers including Primark and Sainsbury's for many years on all aspects of their property portfolios
- Advising clients on new types of property ownership including Hotel Management Agreements, Franchise, Manchise Agreements and Hybrid Leases
"Lucy has the full package," notes one impressed client. "She is technically rigorous, conscious of commercial reality and willing to fight where necessary. She is always on top of what we as her client require."