Lauren is an Associate within our Commercial Services division and is based in our Glasgow office. She has experience advising a wide range of clients across our sectors on large projects and day-to-day matters in areas such as commercial contracts, data protection and intellectual property.
Lauren has a particular interest in assisting clients comply with regulatory frameworks when working with and developing new technologies.
- Assisting a global financial services company on a contract remediation project to ensure compliance with the European Banking Authority's guidelines on outsourcing arrangements.
- Assisting several supplier clients in the technology sector by drafting SaaS terms and conditions, including advice on negotiation with customers.
- Assisting clients in various sectors on the procurement of IT hardware and software by advising on contractual risk and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Advising clients in the finance and housing sectors on electronic signing procurement projects by advising of the minimum signing requirements for certain documents under Scottish and English law and providing practical advice and risk Advising a transport sector client on its involvement in a public procurement contract with a local council regarding a ground-breaking low carbon addition to the local council's public services function. assessments to suit the aims of each client (previous firm).
- Providing data protection support to various sector clients in respect of compliance audits by reviewing and updating various documents required under data protection laws, including privacy notices, internal policy documents, data protection impact assessments and registers of processing.
- Supporting clients in managing and responding to data subject access requests by drafting response letters, reviewing documents and creating disclosure bundles.
- Providing support to the Corporate team in various acquisitions for clients in a variety of sectors by: conducting due diligence on commercial, data protection and intellectual property matters; negotiating the warranties within the share purchase or business and asset purchase agreements; and drafting ancillary documents, including intellectual property assignments.
- Conducting the commercial and data aspects of diligence in respect of clients in various sectors undergoing IPOs and putting in place the necessary remediation required pre and post-admission.
- Advising a client, pre-acquisition, on intellectual property infringement and breach of contract issues of the target and commenting on the risk so that the client could make a decision on whether the proposed transaction should proceed.