Uzma is an Associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team. She qualified in August 2021 after undertaking a healthcare-focused training contract at Kennedys, and continued practicing in healthcare at DAC Beachcroft before joining Addleshaw Goddard in August 2022.
Since joining the firm, Uzma has advised on a variety of energy matters and her experience includes renewables, electric vehicles and sustainable aviation fuel. Uzma also advises transport clients and has completed a secondment at a vehicle manufacturing company where she supported the in-house legal team.
Uzma's recent experience includes:
- ongoing advice to an independent distributor on regulatory and legal issues relating to it 's proposed application to OFGEM, licence conditions and proposed projects. The project includes providing regulatory advice as well as drafting a bespoke suite of documents for the client;
- advising a district heating network on supplier step-in arrangements;
- advising National Grid ESO in relation to its grid connection agreements;
- providing advice pertaining to a train operator's bespoke track-access agreement;
- being a key member of the AG team who advised the Department of Transport on its rail contract with Cross Country which adopted the new operator model;
- with the rest of the AG team, providing support to the Department of Transport's in-house legal team on various contractual issues, including contract variations and breach and enforcement notices.
- Birmingham City University – Law (2016)
- The University of Law – LPC LLM Professional Legal Practice (2017)