Iain specialises in supporting clients with digital transformation projects, with a focus on the financial services sector. As part of this he advises on a wide range of arrangements including software licence and development contracts, business process outsourcing, IT outsourcings, cloud services contracts, in addition to a wide array of other commercial structures. Iain works collaboratively with client's legal and procurement functions to ensure there is a seamless approach in managing and negotiating projects in order to navigate the legal and regulatory challenges. Recent examples include:
- Advising one of the top 5 Building Societies in the UK on the transformation of their inbound and outbound customer communications. Including the digitisation of physical communications and the development of their desktop and mobile savings/mortgages applications.
- Advising a global insurance company with the procurement of a new policy administration and underwriting system for its UK life insurance business.
- Advising a leading building society with the procurement and contract negotiation of their IT managed services, which included a full desktop refresh (incorporating a Windows 10 upgrade) for all 5,000 staff and 300 branches.
- Advising a blue chip insurance company with the development of its contractual arrangements for its technology service offerings, including Internet of Things and cloud based data analytics products.
- Advising a leading European credit management services company with the procurement and implementation of a single facing CRM solution to replace multiple legacy applications.