Murray is recognised for his significant experience in mainstream M&A and mid- market private equity. Murray excels in leading client transactions from conception to completion. His clients include large corporates, private equity funds, high growth companies, and high net worth entrepreneurs and investors.
Murray's expertise includes advising clients operating in the transport, technology, life sciences, healthcare, food and drink and renewable energy sectors. In addition Murray has equity capital markets experience with a particular focus on AIM.
- Advised Brickability on its £150m AIM IPO
- Advising the shareholders in the sale of Bertram Nursery Group to Apiary Private Capital
- Advising Panoramic Growth Equity in its investment into CMI
- Advising YFM Private Equity and Fullbroke Thorpe in relation to the follow on investment into Traveltek
- Advising on the MBO of Currie International Holding Limited
- Advising the selling shareholders in the £80m sale of QTS Group Limited to AIM listed Renew Holdings plc
- Advising Red Rock Power on the purchase of Afton Wind Farm
"A very good lawyer who knows what he is doing… when things need to be closed, he takes charge and gets it done"
Chambers UK (2018)
"All transactions were executed and concluded in a timely manner with excellent results. I don’t think there is a better strength than that"
Chambers UK (2019)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- LLB Law, University of Dundee
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Dundee
- Year qualified - 2000