Jacques works with private operators (investors, industrial companies, lenders, etc.) but also regularly works alongside the public sector (State, public companies, etc.) in a wide variety of fields: water and wastewater, waste treatment and recovery, transport, energy, construction and civil engineering, IT, telecommunications and defence. His skills cover all areas of public law, in both advisory and litigation capacities, with particular expertise in public procurement law (concessions, public procurement contracts, agreements for the occupation of public land, partnership contracts).
The team also has solid experience of major transport infrastructure projects (motorway, rail and port concessions) and energy projects (offshore wind farm tenders), including their financing. She also works with the firm's other teams on acquisition, financing and restructuring transactions, as well as on regulatory issues. Jacques Dabreteau has twice been ranked (2021 and 2022) by Legal 500 as a next generation partner in public and regulatory law.
- Public Law and Administrative Contracts: legal adviser of public and private entities in the context of tendering and performance of administrative contracts (PPP, concession contracts, public procurement contracts, leases on publicly-owned lands, etc.) and private law contracts (construction and O&M contracts, services agreements, consortium agreements, sub-contracts, etc.) in various sectors (public works, water distribution and treatment, waste, energy, IT, transport, defence, R&D, etc.), issuance of legal memoranda and pieces of special regulatory advices
- International projects: lenders’ legal adviser in various PPPs in Belgium (Tram of Liège, etc.), tendering and performance of public procurement contracts in Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, etc.), sponsors’ counsel in the context of performance of a major concession contract in Cyprus, legal adviser in the context of major international arbitration
- Energy: legal adviser of sponsors and developers in the context of Infra M&A transactions (or refinancing) regarding energy production facilities (onshore wind farms, PV plants, biomass plants, etc.) as well as during the tendering process and financing of major offshore (fixed and floating) wind farms projects
- Due diligence / Restructuring / Foreign investments control in France: legal adviser of buyers in the context of Infra M&A transactions involving companies holding administrative contracts (defence, street lighting, etc.) and/or having business activities subject to specific regulations (energy, telecoms, etc.); restructuring (hydroelectricity, casinos, etc.); filing of applications before the French Minister of Economy in the context of the foreign investments control regime
- Dispute and arbitration: advising and representing companies in the context of pre-litigation discussions and disputes before the courts (including arbitration) in connection with administrative contracts and international projects; advising and representing public and private entities in the context of claims lodged against administrative decisions and/or administrative contracts ing international banks: advising on the regulatory aspects and legal documentation in respect of structured finance and derivatives transactions.
- EFB Paris, Bar Admission Certificate, 2003
- Sciences Po Paris, Paris institute of Political Studies, business law, 2003
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, LLM in Business Public Law, 2001
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master in Public Law, 2000
- Institut Catholiques d’Etudes Supérieures (ICES), Law Degree (D.E.U.G and Licence), 1996-1999
- Professional Memberships
- Member of Alumni Sciences Po and AlumnICES
- Author of academic articles and case law analysis (Lamy Droit Public des affaires, Moniteur des travaux publics et du bâtiment, AJDA, RGCT, Compléments commande publique, etc.) / more than 50 articles– Edition 2022/2023: Capital markets – Highly Regarded