Madeleine joined the Firm on qualification as a solicitor in 1993 having trained at a large City firm, and has specialised in pensions law since qualification. Madeleine works as a professional support lawyer within the Pensions team, a role which she has held since 2005.
Madeleine has experience of advising trustee, employer and other clients on a broad range of pensions issues. This includes advising on scheme amendments, scheme documentation, scheme closure, general advisory work and corporate transactions including outsourcing transactions.
In her professional support lawyer role, Madeleine is responsible for sharing pensions know-how, providing regular training, production of precedent documentation, supervision of more junior team members and for ensuring that clients and colleagues are kept up-to-date with legal and regulatory developments in a timely manner.
Madeleine's recent experience includes:
- production of regular e-alerts for clients on key pensions developments, for example Trustee Quarterly Update, Employer Pensions Update and SIPP and SSAS Update
- organising and delivering regular team training sessions for example on the application of the General Data Protection Regulation to pension schemes
- preparation and updating of precedent documentation for SIPPs and SASSs and
- updating of precedent scheme documentation (defined benefit and defined contribution) in the light of legal developments.
- LLB in European Law from Warwick University
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law Chester