Madeleine joined the Firm on qualification as a solicitor in 1993 and has specialised in pensions law since qualification. Madeleine works as a knowledge lawyer within the Pensions team, a role which she has held since 2005.
In her knowledge lawyer role, Madeleine is responsible for sharing pensions know-how, providing regular training, production of precedent documentation, supervision of more junior team members and for ensuring that clients and colleagues are kept up-to-date with legal and regulatory developments in a timely manner.
Madeleine has experience of advising trustee, employer and other clients on a broad range of pensions issues. This includes advising on scheme amendments, scheme documentation, scheme closure, general advisory work and corporate transactions.
- Production of regular e-alerts for clients on key pensions developments, for example the Trustee Quarterly Update for trustees of occupational pension schemes and the SIPP and SSAS Update for clients whose business involves offering SIPPs and SSASs.
- Organising, preparing and delivering team and client training sessions, for example on the High Court's recent judgment on how the duty to equalise guaranteed minimum pensions (GMPs) for men and women applies in relation to transfers out of a scheme;
- Updating of precedent documentation (for example, scheme trust deeds and rules and documentation used for corporate transactions).
- Producing documentation for SIPP and SSAS clients. As well as being responsible for drafting and maintaining the Firm's precedent SIPP and SSAS documentation, Madeleine has also prepared bespoke precedent documentation for SIPP and SSAS providers.
- Ensuring the Firm's pensions know-how is maintained through the production of regular internal updates and the maintenance on online know-how systems.
- Professional Memberships
- Full member of the Association of Pension Lawyers