Madeleine joined the Firm on qualification as a solicitor in 1993 having trained at a large City firm, and has specialised in pensions law since qualification. Madeleine works as a professional support lawyer within the Pensions team, a role which she has held since 2005.
Madeleine has experience of advising trustee, employer, SIPP and SSAS and other clients on a broad range of pensions issues. This includes advising on scheme amendments, scheme documentation, general advisory work and corporate transactions.
In her Principal Knowledge Lawyer role, Madeleine is responsible for ensuring that clients and colleagues are kept up-to-date with legal and regulatory developments in a timely manner. Madeleine's role includes producing client updates, providing regular training, production of precedent documentation, and supervision of more junior team members
Madeleine's recent experience includes:
- production of regular e-alerts for clients on key pensions developments, for example Trustee Quarterly Update for trustees of occupational pension schemes, Employer Pensions Update and SIPP and SSAS e-bulletin;
- organising and delivering regular team training sessions for example on developments relating to the Pensions Regulator's powers;
- formulating Pensions team's approach to key issues, eg compliance with GDPR for pension scheme trustees;
- preparation and updating of precedent documentation.
- University of Warwick – LLB European Law (1990)
- College of Law, Chester – Law Society Finals (1991)