Madeleine is an Associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team and has experience of assisting with commercial and contractual matters. Madeleine advises public and private sector clients across a broad scope of sectors, from the energy industry to local government. Before qualifying, Madeleine trained in Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Finance, Commercial Real Estate, Employment, and Health Litigation (where Madeleine undertook a secondment at an NHS Trust). Since joining the firm in August 2022, Madeleine has assisted on a range of matters in the health, local government, finance, and private sectors.
- Acting for an NHS Trust on a statutory transaction involving the dissolution of another NHS Trust and transfer of all of its assets and liabilities to our client, under Schedule 4 of the NHS Act (one of the first transactions of its kind under the new statutory guidance);
- Assisting a national regulated government entity with responsibility for national infrastructure on the outsourcing of its facilities management requirements;
- Assisting with United Utilities' £750m+ replacement of a 109km drinking water pipeline (Haweswater Aqueduct DPC, which is a new model of project finance);
- Assisting with advising a project company in relation to its handback approach strategy in the lead up to the expiration of its PFI contract and advising on the project company's obligations under the Design, Build, Finance and Operate contract (which preceded the standardisation of PFI contracts);
- Assisting a national regulated government entity with responsibility for national infrastructure with the outsourcing of an IT system and a range of commercial matters;
- Assisting a local authority with the completion of a grant funding agreement under the Future High Streets Fund in respect of the regeneration of a shopping centre;
- Acting for a Combined Authority on the funding of a number of brownfield residential developments, including the flow down of funding and satisfaction of conditions and variations to funding agreements;
- Acting for an institutional client on the portfolio disposal of regulated businesses (this work involved a document automation process);
- Developing terms and conditions the provision of healthcare products and services, including care home residents' contracts;
- Assisting various public-sector bodies, including NHS Trusts, in relation to variations to PFI project agreements and operational issues (including the addition and removal of services); and
- Assisting on due diligence exercises within the firm's Corporate team.
- University of Liverpool – LLB Law (Hons) (2015 – 2018)
- University of Law – LPC MSc Law, Business and Management (2018 – 2019)