Lori is a non-contentious construction solicitor and provides tailored advice to a wide variety of construction clients including developers, contractors, sub-contractors, professional consultants, funders and investors.
Lori has had exposure to a range of projects and specialises in drafting and negotiating full suites of construction packages, as well as undertaking due diligence as part of wider property and funding transactions, often working closely with the real estate and banking teams.
- Assisted in the preparation and negotiation of construction documentation, including pre-construction services agreement (including various extensions), building contract, professional team appointments performance security documentation, supplemental agreements, collateral warranties and reliance letters, for a large hotelier developer in respect of a high value hotel reinstatement and refurbishment project.
- Acted in the negotiation and placing of a building contract and consultant appointments in relation to the full internal refurbishment of an existing student residential scheme occupying a historic grade listed building. Also involved in the construction aspects of the leasing and sale elements of the transaction, inclusive of full reliance packages for the purchaser and tenant, as well as certain elements of reliance for the funder.
- Assisted in the drafting and negotiation of various contracts and bespoke consultant appointments in connection with a large demolition and reconstruction of an industrial development for a commercial property developer. Project comprised a demolition works contract, enabling works contract and building contract for 3 separate phases. Third party funder involved that required full reliance on the construction package as well as multiple tenants entering into agreements for lease, also requiring reliance.
- Assisted in various transactions on behalf of a private funder for the finance of care homes. Carried out diligence exercises and reported to the funder on the construction documents and the package available. Inputted into the facility agreements and assignations in security etc.
- Advising a luxury residential property developer on a super prime development in London, being procured under a construction management route. Involved in the negotiation and drafting of trade contracts, purchase orders, bespoke consultant appointments etc.