Ian specialises in acting for public and private sector clients on complex, high value, urban regeneration and development projects, joint ventures/PPPs, mixed use schemes, business parks and housing schemes.
His recent experience includes
- Advising Yorkshire County Cricket Club on the North/South Stand redevelopment and other facilities at Headingly Stadium, Leeds
- Leading the team advising London Legacy Development Corporation on the development agreements for the building being constructed for the BBC at East Bank, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford – to house the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the BBC Singers and part of BBC Rock and Pop
- Advising the University of Manchester on the £1.5bn ID Manchester Joint Venture with Bruntwood Scitech - this 11.8 hectare site is to be redeveloped to create a major mixed use scheme including offices, residential, retail, leisure, hotels, research facilities and integrate heritage assets to create public realm space
- Acting for Caddick Developments on 3 major logistics projects at Osberton, Peterborough and Preston
- Advising Transport for Greater Manchester on the real estate aspects of the development of Stockport Interchange – which includes the complete redevelopment of the existing bus interchange in Stockport to create a modern, state of the art bus interchange, a new public park and adjoining build to rent apartments
- Oxford University – 1991 – BA (Hons) 1st Class