Nat has experience of advising on a range of public procurement exercises including drafting and reviewing procurement documents and contracts, assisting during procurement processes, and reviewing contract award documents and finalising contracts. She also advises on modifying public contracts during their term and provides advice on procurement challenges.
In addition, Nat is experienced in providing advice on State aid / subsidy control including compliance with the Subsidy Control Act 2022. This has included reviewing and advising on funding applications, use of grant funding and grant agreements.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising an executive agency of the UK central government by drafting a number of key schedules for a workforce solutions framework accessible by the public sector with a projected spend of £20 bn.
- Advising a Welsh university on the procurement process to award a design and build contract for a new building on its campus.
- Advising a Northern Ireland public authority on two procurement processes and related contracts to outsource auditing services.
- Advising a technical education provider on challenging the procurement process for a public contract by a central government department.
- Advising a unitary authority on compliance with subsidy control regarding grant funding to a rail operator for improvements to a railway station.