Dhanesh is a Managing Associate in the Finance team specialising in the Social Impact, Sustainability and Housing Finance Group at Addleshaw Goddard with extensive experience advising within the property social housing sector both as a paralegal and as a solicitor.
Dhanesh's practice experience covers advising both borrowers and lenders:
- in relation to all due diligence and preparation of Certificates on Title and deals with satisfaction of conditions precedent required under the security documentation
- in relation to documentation review on current developments and acquisition developments for RPs in order to ascertain any charging issues and drafting acceptable documentation where appropriate.
- on several high value (in excess of £100m) bond issues, involving both newly developed properties as well as established properties acquired by RPs from local authorities under Large Scale Property Transfers, which required consideration of the effect and strength of Council warranties given at the time of transfer
- on several high value RP mergers, where he project managed a team of solicitors and paralegals including cross office collaboration. The most significant merger Dhanesh has undertaken was worth in excess of £700m in which all the property work was conducted on his own.
- Dhanesh has assisted or lead on the Property aspects of the following notable files:
- Advising AIB Group (UK) plc, Barclays Bank PLC, Barclays Bank UK PLC, Clydesdale Bank plc, Dexia Crédit Local, Lloyds Banking Group, National Westminster Bank Plc, Nationwide Building Society, Newcastle Building Society, Pension Insurance Corporation plc, Royal Bank of Canada and Santander UK plc on the £1.15bn refinance of all existing loan facilities to Catalyst housing group (Catalyst) and Aldwyck housing group (Aldwyck) as part of the merger of these housing group
- Advising Bank of China Limited, London Branch in connection with a new facilities to London & Quadrant Housing Trust of £150,000,000 (£150m). This was the Bank of China's, London Branch first foray in to the social housing sector
- HSBC Bank plc, Banco Santander, SA and Barclays Bank PLC as Joint Bookrunners on the £400m Bond Issue by Notting Hill Housing Trust
- Advising Barclays Bank plc, Lloyds Bank plc (including Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc), Newcastle Building Society, and The Royal Bank of Scotland on the £1.5bn refinancing of Metropolitan Housing Trust, which was established on the transfer of engagements of Thames Valley Charitable Housing Association Limited to Metropolitan Housing Trust Limited