Jon is a Legal Director in the Real Estate Investment Group which advises investment managers, sovereign wealth funds, major institutions, property companies (both public and private), developers and investors in UK, pan-European and global activities across the real estate, private equity, infrastructure and energy sectors.
Jon has a broad range of corporate and commercial experience but has particular expertise in indirect / corporate wrapped real estate transactions, including the acquisition and disposal of indirect real estate interests, sophisticated joint ventures, development projects, investments and divestments and corporate structuring.
As much of Jon's work has an international or cross-border element he is adept in transactions utilising offshore entities and jurisdictions.
Jon's recent experience includes:
- Advising an institutional investor on its £365 million disposal of a listed REIT with a national real estate portfolio comprising several thousand assets.
- Dandara's staged disposal to ECE of a build to rent portfolio comprising over 2,000 units across three developments in Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester.
- The £448 million acquisition by Singapore Press Holdings of the Student Castle business which included seven purpose built student accommodation (PBSA) schemes in the United Kingdom consisting of five stabilised assets and two development sites which together comprise a total of 2,383 beds.
- Advising a large fund on a pan-European joint venture in respect of the development of brownfield sites into logistics and light industrial assets and their subsequent operation.
- The £80m share sale of a BVI SPV holding UK investment property, whereby the purchase price was settled in part by the transfer of a BVI SPV also holding investment property.
- Professional memberships
- British Property Federation
- Investment Property Forum
"You provided us with excellent support on this transaction and were always available and responsive – often on very short notice. You gave commercially focussed, measured and practical advice and went above and beyond. You project managed the job and the AG team well, and we really appreciated your input"
UK General Counsel of a multinational property developer