Kirsten is an Associate in the Manchester Commercial Litigation team, having qualified into the team in March 2020 after completing her training contract with the firm. Kirsten has assisted the team to advise on a range of complex disputes including IT / IP, share purchase agreements (SPAs), business protection and general commercial contracts.
Examples of work that Kirsten has assisted with are set out below.
- Advising an investment company on its rights when it disputed that a condition to the completion of a SPA had been satisfied, including rescission of the SPA due to fraudulent misrepresentation and termination.
- Advising a company in the construction industry on: (a) an investigation strategy in relation to a suspected accountancy fraud by the sellers of a company that it had acquired; and (b) its rights to bring a breach of warranty / civil fraud claim accordingly.
- Advising a producer of dairy products on its rights when its confidential information had been disclosed and used unlawfully by a third party.
- Advising a major supermarket and fashion retailer to bring and defend claims such as trade mark infringement, passing off and copyright infringement.
- Advising an online retailer on a defence and counterclaim to a claim brought by a software development company for the payment of outstanding invoices, in circumstances where it maintained the development company had failed to complete the contract as the software did not work.
- Successfully obtaining a without notice freezing injunction and permission to serve outside of the jurisdiction in respect of a general contractual dispute.