Rob is an Associate in the Commercial Disputes team, based in our Dubai Office.
Rob advises a diverse range of clients across the UAE and Oman in relation to commercial litigation, arbitration, and insurance disputes. Rob has particular experience acting in shareholders’ disputes, banking and finance disputes, as well as providing regulatory advice to clients in the financial services and insurance sectors.
Rob qualified as a solicitor in Australia in May 2019. Prior to moving to Dubai, Rob worked in the Sydney office of a leading national firm.
Rob's experience includes:
- Acting for an investment entity on a US $74 million funds dispute relating to the wrongful issuance of warrant shares in favour of the fund manager
- Acting on a US $190 million professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors relating to alleged negligence in the conduct of a financing transaction
- Defending a major Australian retail bank from allegations of conspiracy to manipulate benchmark financial derivatives
- LCIA Arbitration defending a global aviation services provider against claims of breach of contract by a subcontractor
- ACICI Arbitration defending a global software firm from allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct
- Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from the University of Sydney