Hemal has considerable experience of acting on a wide range of commercial real estate matters for institutional investors, developers, funds, lenders and corporate occupiers. He has led and advised clients on portfolio acquisitions, disposals and development work as well as advising clients on landlord and tenant matters.
Transactions that Hemal has advised on include acting for:
- HB Reavis on the acquisition and redevelopment of Elizabeth House, Waterloo. The site is to be redeveloped into a mixed use scheme comprising 1m sq. ft. of offices, retail and residential space with a reported development value of £1.4 billion.
- St Martins Property Investments (State of Kuwait's real estate fund) on its circa £1 billion asset disposal programme involving a cross section of real estate assets and multiple portfolio disposals.
- Criterion Capital on the real estate aspects of its circa £940m refinancing with Aviva, involving high value central London properties including the Trocadero Centre.
- University of Greenwich on the acquisition and development of a new School of Architecture in the heart of Greenwich, which was shortlisted for the RIBA Stirling Prize 2015.
- A major global bank on the divestment of a large number of non-core assets to multiple investors.
- Tristan Capital and Savills Investment Management on the acquisition and redevelopment of retail parks, including advising on key pre-lets.
Hemal is part of our Office and Restaurants, Bars & Pubs sector teams.