Charlotte is a Partner in the firm's Tax & Structuring Group and has over 20 years' experience of providing specialist advice on a broad range of corporate, real estate and finance transactions, with a particular focus on private equity and financial services. Before joining AG, she spent over 5 years in the tax team of a US law firm following a similar period in the tax team of a magic circle firm and she continues to handle a range of household name clients at AG.
Charlotte has significant experience advising banks and other financial service providers on a wide variety of projects ranging from retail banking transactions through to loan portfolio sales and standalone tax advisory work. Recent examples of projects she has worked on include:
- providing tax structuring advice to Phoenix on its acquisition of a majority stake in Mobius Life, taking into account limitations imposed by the Solvency II regime
- advising a UK mortgage provider on the structuring and launch of an equity release mortgage product and on a number of mortgage portfolio sales
- advising Rathbone Brothers Plc on the acquisition of Scottish wealth manager Speirs & Jeffrey
- advising an asset finance provider on the sale of certain offshore asset finance operations (comprising personal and business, motor vehicle, marine and aviation lending) to a consortium and on separate portfolio sales of motor finance agreements
- advising UK financial service providers on the VAT aspects of commissioning and carrying out banking operations on IT platforms, and on other innovative outsourcing and banking solutions
- acting for a company with corporate and individual stakeholders on the restructuring of its care home portfolio to facilitate a refinancing and a series of sale and leaseback transactions