I qualified into transaction the transactional Real Estate team at Irwin Mitchell in September 2017. I have acted for a number of landlord clients across a variety of portfolios (retail, hospitality and industrial), dealing with the day to day asset management. I have also acted on a number of large scale acquisitions and any subsequent refinancing required after the initial acquisition.
- Advising a London based client on their city centre, mixed use development in Manchester. Amongst the everyday asset management elements, I dealt with a long term lease for a new leisure operator (whilst ensuring part of the property remained available to my client for a potential future redevelopment).
- Acquired a hotel and associated car park in the South Yorkshire client for an investor, and then dealt with the subsequent disposal by way of a corporate sale.
- Assisted in the acquisition of a student accommodation block in the South West for an overseas company from an institutional investor. I then dealt with the subsequent refinancing of the property.
- Led on certain aspects in the acquisition of a shopping centre in the Midlands, acting for the trustees of a pension fund. Assisted in the subsequent refinance of the centre to release funds for redevelopment purposes, which included options over the neighbouring land.
- University of Sheffield (Law and Criminology) – 2010 – 2014