Jennie is an experienced and well regarded banking and real estate lawyer and has almost twenty years of expertise in the social housing sector, advising both funders and Registered Providers (RPs) on the property aspects of charging large portfolios of properties for bank lending, bond issues, private placements and refinancing. Jennie now acts exclusively for funders and security trustees in the sector and heads up the property security team, which forms part of AG's Social Impact, Sustainability and Housing Finance Group. Jennie project manages her team of lawyers and paralegals on the larger transactions, including across office collaboration where appropriate
Jennie also represents funders to the sector as part of the Securitisation Working Group, and has attended UK Finance social housing meetings offering specialist legal advice to funders, as well as actively representing funders' interests on consultations affecting the sector including housing administration and methods of modern construction.
The AG Social Impact, Sustainability and Housing Finance Team works on the majority of the transactions in the social housing sector and Jennie's team carries out the property security work on all of those transactions. Jennie and her team have worked on the largest transactions in the sector, including the property security work required by the mergers of Amicus Horizon and Viridian to form Optivo, Notting Hill Housing Trust and Genesis Housing Association to form Notting Hill Genesis, and the £1.625bn refinancing as a result of the merger of Metropolitan Housing Trust and Thames Valley Charitable Housing Association to form Metropolitan Thames Valley.
Jennie led on the property work to secure several bond issues; L&Q (£1bn in two issues), Homegroup (£350M), Wrekin (£250M as part of a £600m refinancing) and Livewest (£250M as part of a £800M portfolio) to name a few, and numerous private placements of between £50M and £100M.
LENDERS EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- advsing on the negotiation of Certificates on Title and the due diligence carried out by Borrowers' solicitors on refinancing, mergers and group restructures as well as traditional bilateral, syndicatable lending and allocations under Security Trust Deeds
- reporting to and advising the lender/investor on all aspects of the property being offered as security
- ensuring compliance with conditions precedent
BORROWERS EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- advising in relation to all due diligence and preparation of Certificates on Title and dealing with satisfaction of conditions precedent required under the security documentation
- advising on several high value (e.g. £200m+) bond issues, involving both newly developed properties as well as established properties acquired by RPs from local authorities under Large Scale Property Transfers, including consideration of the effect and strength of Council warranties given at the time of transfer
- on high-value securitisation under bilateral and syndicatable facilities and security trusts.
PREVIOUS REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- advising RP clients on the acquisition of major mixed-use development sites both within London and nationwide involving the resolution of complex property issues, often in very short timescales and coordinating all aspects. Advice included support on conditional contracts, tripartite development agreements, joint venture arrangements, leases and overage/clawback provisions and section 106 agreements
- several large-scale Voluntary Transfers and estate transfers in London, involving substantial elements of redevelopment and regeneration
- advising RPs on the acquisition of several Department of Health funded extra care schemes, including negotiating nomination agreements, leasebacks, crane oversail agreements and land transfer deeds
- on residential and commercial conveyancing including:
shared ownership plot sales and commercial leases
site acquisitions and set up for RPs, shared ownership plot sales
commercial leases, company share sales and property charging
- Contributed to Estates Gazette on Mortgagee Exclusion Clauses
- Year Qualified
- University of Kent, LLB (hons) First Class Degree 2001