Harold is a finance litigation and disputes partner. He specialises in banking and finance litigation, with particular expertise in asset based lending and receivables financing. He provides advice to a wide range of clients in the finance sector, including members of the Asset Based Finance Association and the Finance and Leasing Association as well as the major UK clearing banks.
Harold is an experienced litigator, advising clients in relation to all aspects of dispute resolution including claims for and against lenders, fraud claims and asset recovery involving urgent injunctive processes, contractual / commercial disputes, reviews and enforcement of security and insolvency proceedings.
Following 10 years at DLA Piper UK LLP, in 2009 he founded and headed up the Manchester office of Shoosmiths LLP. He joined Addleshaw Goddard LLP in 2017.
- Advising various clients on injunctions arising from customer, executive and retail frauds as a result of fraudulent activity, including claims against the perpetrators.
- Acting for clients in defeating proceedings against them for damages arising out of alleged breaches of agreement by the lender.
- Obtained a worldwide freezing injunction against a customer and its directors as a result of a fraud perpetrated against the lender.
- Advised on bespoke terms of security and guarantee documents for major receivables finance company funding an overseas company backed by guarantors outside the jurisdiction.
- Pursued and obtained a substantial settlement against a guarantor for liabilities owed following the collapse of its company customer.
- Obtained a substantial recovery for an invoice discounting company in relation to a fraud perpetrated against the invoice discounter by an insolvent construction company fraudulently raising "fresh air" invoices.
- Acting in the administration of a banking client's customer involving a £50m exposure to the bank. Advising and acting on the enforcement of the client's security against company directors and guarantors.
- Various cases involving the advising on and assistance of the collection of assigned debts which are disputed including conducting entire ledger collect outs.
- Year qualified