Ma'athir is a corporate lawyer at AG's Oman office. Ma'athir holds a Bachelors of Laws from Swansea University, a Master of Laws from Queen Mary University, London and is a qualified lawyer in Oman since 2016.
Ma'athir regularly assists corporate, employment, and litigation teams and often attends before and liaises on behalf of clients with the Ministry of Commerce Industry and Investment Promotion (MCIIP), the Ministry of Labour, the Primary Court and other governmental authorities. She regularly conducts Board Meetings and General Meetings for our clients and is very familiar with the Capital Market Authority and the MCIIP processes and requirements.
Ma'athir has advised on Alizz Islamic Bank merger with Oman Arab Bank, the potential merger between Bank Dhofar and Sohar International Bank, the privatisation of Oman Electricity Transmission Company, Worley Acquisition of Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals & Resources division, Omantel on its minority investment in Renna Mobile and Oman National Investments Development Company SAOC on its investment in a broadband internet service provider.
- China State Grid on its circa US$ 1 billion acquisition of 49% of the share capital of Oman Electricity Transmission Company, a part of the partial privatisation of the electricity sector in Oman
- Alizz Islamic Bank on its US$ 8.4 billion merger with Oman Arab Bank, the first (and to date only) transaction of any kind under the Oman Takeover and Acquisition Regulations which won our Oman office the award of 'IFN Mergers & Acquisitions Law Firm of the Year 2020'
- Worley on Oman aspects of its US$ 4.6 billion acquisition of Jacobs' Energy, Chemicals & Resources division, a leading global technical services provider across hydrocarbons, chemicals, mining and minerals
- Oman Telecommunications Company SAOG (Omantel) on its minority investment in Renna Mobile, a mobile telecommunications reseller
- Raysut Cement Company SAOG, a cement company listed on the Muscat Securities Market, on its US$ 60 million acquisition of Sohar Cement Factory LLC
- The shareholders of AATCO Food Industries, one of the largest suppliers of sauces and condiments in the Middle East to customers such as KFC and McDonalds, on its US$ 70 million sale to Kerry Foods
- Mars Development and Investment on the acquisition of Purshottam Kanji Exchange, a leading currency exchange business in Oman
- Ensign International Energy Services, which provides drilling services to the oil and gas industry, on the sale of 30% of its shares from Gulf Petrochemical Services to Leadership Dynamics
- Sohar International Bank on its proposed merger with BankDhofar in Oman, which would have created a merged entity with a market capitalisation of approximately US$ 1.8 billion
- Oman Brunei Investment Company on its investment in a new hospital to be constructed in Muscat with IdealMed (a Portuguese hospital operator) and Suhail Bahwan Group
- Al Turki on the successful merger between Al Turki Enterprises and Al Turki Cement Products
- Professional Qualifications
- Qualified as a lawyer in Oman
- Arabic - native
- English - fluent