Ma'athir Al Busaidi is an Associate in our corporate team, based in Muscat. She advises on general corporate matters, including M&A and restructurings. Her particular focus is on company establishment and related regulatory matters.
Ma'athir is a native Arabic speaker and she regularly attends before and liaises on behalf of clients with the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the Ministry of Housing, the Primary Court and other governmental authorities.
- Advising and setting up of the first Engineering Consultancy Branch in Oman after the new Consultancy Law was introduced
- Advising and successfully assisting on the merger of Al Turki Enterprises
- Assisting in the due diligence analysis on the proposed merger of Bank Dhofar and Bank Sohar
- Assisting in the due diligence analysis on the proposed merger of Oman Arab Bank and Alizz Islamic Bank
- Assisting Apergy with the restructuring of its companies in Oman
- Advising Oman Brunei Investment Company on its divestment of a stake in Majan Telecommunications
- Acting for the Lenders on the registration of securities over USD 83.5 million for the desalination project
- Professional Qualifications
- Qualified as a lawyer in Oman