Daniel is a corporate lawyer who has spent his career working exclusively in the real estate sector. He regularly advises clients on structured acquisitions and disposals of real estate assets, joint ventures, management agreements, private equity funding arrangements, W&I Insurance and fund formations. Daniel's clients include private equity funds, debt funds, asset managers, developers, family offices and financial institutions. Daniel has facilitated investments in all sub-sectors of real estate, including BTR, Student, Office, Logistics, Retail, Data Centres, Co-living, Science Parks and Real Estate Debt.
Daniel is currently head of the "innovations and alternatives" real estate sub-sector at Addleshaw Goddard and he is also the team leader of the Investment Management Group.
- Advised Lands Improvement and Telereal Trillium on a joint venture with a pension fund and a charity structured as a contractual derivative in respect of a mixed-use development site consisting of 5,500 homes and 1.5m sq ft of commercial space at Houghton Regis
- Advised Starwood on a joint venture with Lendlease and the acquisition of the £3.5 billion Silvertown mixed-use development site in East London
- Advised Angelo Gordon on its disposal of a portfolio of science parks to Harrison Street for £185m and the joint venture in respect of the potential housing estate
- Advised Angelo Gordon and Ridgeback on the forward funding of 3 connected BTR assets
- Advised Brockton Capital on its investment in, and subsequent exit from, Virtus Data Centres for circa £500m
- Advised Precis Capital on its joint venture with Towerbrook and Carlyle to advance £1bn of real estate development loans
- University of Leicester – LLB Law First Class Honours 2005
- Nottingham Law School – LPC Distinction 2007
The Legal 500 (2022) referred to Daniel as being "well-equipped to advise fund managers, asset managers, developers, family offices and financial institutions". With one client saying "Daniel Woolston – cannot help enough in walking us through our first fund so that we are completely confident in our choices, structure and we understand what we are doing and why."