Ben is an Associate in the Construction & Engineering Group. Ben acts for a broad variety public and private sector clients including developers, government departments, financial institutions and pension funds and has experience advising on, drafting and negotiating a wide range of construction documents, including: building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, novation agreements, bonds, parent company guarantees, vesting agreements, and letters of intent. Ben also advises on the construction elements of development and funding agreements.
Ben has undertaken client secondments to the Department of Health, NHS Property Services Limited and to Travis Perkins plc, where he advised on property and construction matters.
Ben has worked across several sectors including offices, student accommodation, private rented sector housing, senior living, transport & infrastructure, warehousing & logistics, healthcare.
Recent matters in which Ben has acted include:
- Advising Watkin Jones plc in relation to a £100m+ private rental homes development of 501 apartments in central Birmingham. Ben advised on the construction elements of the development and funding agreement, the design & build building contract, professional appointments, collateral warranties and reliance letters.
- Advising Allied London in connection with various fit-out contracts in relation to its £1bn development in Manchester City Centre, dealing with building contracts, consultant appointments, collateral warranties and the negotiation of the same with consultants, contractors and funders.
- Advising Vita Student on the development and forward funding of various purpose-built student accommodation schemes.
- Acting for Bruntwood on the masterplanning and redevelopment of Stretford Town Centre. Ben drafted and negotiated the construction contracts for the Phase 1 works which included the rejuvenation of Stretford Mall to create a new retail high street.
- Acting for the developer on the construction of a £100m+ development of a warehouse & distribution centre. Ben inputted on the construction aspects of the agreement for lease and lead on the negotiation of the professional appointments and warranties with the consultants, the funder, and the tenant.
- University of Bath, Politics with International Relations, 2013
- University of Law (Manchester), Graduate Diploma in Law, 2014
- University of Law (Manchester), Legal Practice Course, 2015