Cécile Terret has extensive experience in anticorruption. She reviews anti-corruption policies and programmes of French companies and their foreign subsidiaries, as well as the European activities of international groups in the fields of defence, aeronautics and retails, well before these procedures were made mandatory by the Sapin II Law. Cécile also conducts internal investigation missions for these groups concerning allegations or suspicions of corruption.
Cécile also handles civil and commercial litigation for French and foreign companies, as well as criminal business law cases. Finally, Cécile regularly advises European and American clients on trade and economic sanctions, export controls and the struggle against money laundering.
Cécile regularly takes part in industry events as a speaker, including the AFJE (The French association of the in-house lawyers in France) webinar "Internal investigation: a new paradigma" with a large focus on labour's aspects.
- Assisting a leading US hotel group in disputes relating to an hotel management contract
- Assisting an aviation company before the Paris Commercial Court and the Paris High Court's Financial Centre following an internal fraud
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation following allegations of corruption
- Assisting the French anticorruption Agency as external expert in the course of investigation
- Advising industrial groups on the implementation of anti-corruption measures as well as training on anticorruption aimed to most-exposed staff
- Advice and implementation of the Sapin II compliance program within a group operating in the aeronautics sector
- Advising French and foreign companies and their managers in the event of internal fraud in connection with issues relating to corruption, money laundering and international financial sanctions
- Development of exhaustive anti-corruption policies and procedures in connection with both the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the Bribery Act (UKBA) for financial institutions, as well as training on these policies and procedures and advice on issues arising from their implementation.
- Advice and implementation of the compliance program within an international insurance brokerage company (not subject to the Sapin II law)
- Audit of compliance programs in connection with the acquisition or disposal of French and foreign companies or groups of companies.
- Lawyer and member of the Paris Bar since 2008 Cécile trained in Munich (LLM, Ludwig Maximilian Universität) and Paris (DESS in European Business Law at Panthéon-Assas and Master's degree in Law and International Management at HEC Paris). She also completed her initial training by successfully in 2017 participating the first promotion of the University Diploma of Compliance Manager (Paris II Panthéon Assas).
- Université Paris II - Panthéon Assas, University Diploma Compliance Officer, 2018
- Ecole de formation du Barreau de Paris, Certificat d'aptitude à la profession d'avocat (Paris Bar admission) 2008
- Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris and the Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Specialized Master, 2006
- Université Paris II - Panthéon Assas, Master's degree in European Business Law, 2004
- Ludwig Maximilian University, European Business Law LLM, 2004
- French: native
- English: excellent command
- German: fluent
Podcast with Cecile Terret & David Pere for Les Editions Legislatives on the following topic: how to prepare business executives to a police custody? (19 April 2022) - Listen here >
" Rapport Gauvain-Marleix: une loi Sapin III est-elle inéluctable ?" co-written article by Cécile Terret and Ariane Dulcire (13 October, 2021) - Read the article here >
" Protection des données personnelles dans le cadre des enquêtes internes " co-written article by Sarah Delon-Bouquet and Cécile Terret published in Option Droit et affaires, (6 October, 2021)
Following an event hosted in the Paris office on the following topic " gifts and invitations in the business world ", ActuEL Direction Juridique quoted Cécile Terret and David Père in this article: " Sans politique cadeaux et invitations, gare au risque de corruption " (30 September, 2021) - Read the article here >
" L'obligation de conformité: nouvel enjeu décisif dans les opérations de fusions-acquisitions " Discover the article written by Mathieu Taupin, David Père and Cécile Terret for DAF Magazine - view here >
Co-authored article in the newsletter of l'IRIS " L’entreprise confrontée aux enquêtes : attention à la protection des informations " (3 June, 2021) - view here >
" Enquête interne en France: vers un nouveau paradigme ?" Cécile Terret and François Alambret co-wrote an article on this topic for Option Droit & Affaires - view here >
Lex Inside / Le Monde du droit " Recommandations de l'AFA " (23 March, 2021) - view here >
- Cécile has been ranked among the 25 women lawyers and future leaders in the legal profession in continental Europe in 2022, according to the international ranking by Law.com
- White-Collar crime Team ranked "Excellent" in "Décideurs Leaders League Group" (edition 2021)
- Compliance Team ranked "Excellent" in "Décideurs Leaders League Group" (edition 2021)
- Global Investigations and internal investigations Team ranked "Excellent" in "Décideurs Leaders League Group" (edition 2021)
- Cécile Terret has been ranked as "Highly recommended" in Commercial litigation in "Décideurs Leaders League" (edition 2021)