Cécile Terret has extensive experience in anticorruption. She reviews anti-corruption policies and programmes of French companies and their foreign subsidiaries, as well as the European activities of international groups in the fields of defence, aeronautics and retails, well before these procedures were made mandatory by the Sapin II Law. Cécile also conducts internal investigation missions for these groups concerning allegations or suspicions of corruption.
Cécile also handles civil and commercial litigation for French and foreign companies, as well as criminal business law cases. Finally, Cécile regularly advises European and American clients on trade and economic sanctions, export controls and the struggle against money laundering.
- Assisting a leading US hotel group in disputes relating to an hotel management contract
- Assisting an aviation company before the Paris Commercial Court and the Paris High Court's Financial Centre following an internal fraud
- Assisting a pharmaceutical company in an internal investigation following allegations of corruption
- Assisting the French anticorruption Agency as external expert in the course of investigation
- Advising industrial groups on the implementation of anti-corruption measures as well as training on anticorruption aimed to most-exposed staff
- Advice and implementation of the Sapin II compliance program within a group operating in the aeronautics sector
- Advising French and foreign companies and their managers in the event of internal fraud in connection with issues relating to corruption, money laundering and international financial sanctions
- Development of exhaustive anti-corruption policies and procedures in connection with both the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the Bribery Act (UKBA) for financial institutions, as well as training on these policies and procedures and advice on issues arising from their implementation.
- Advice and implementation of the compliance program within an international insurance brokerage company (not subject to the Sapin II law)
- Audit of compliance programs in connection with the acquisition or disposal of French and foreign companies or groups of companies.
- French: native
- English: excellent command
- German: fluent
Lex Inside / Le Monde du droit "Recommandations de l'AFA" 23/03/2021 - view here >