Frances is a partner in our Real Estate Disputes team in London. She is experienced in running high-value, complex property disputes, including contractual construction and rectification claims, insolvency disputes, property-related professional negligence claims, dilapidations cases, possession actions and obtaining emergency injunctions against protestors. Frances is well known in the market for her wide-ranging rent review expertise including rare experience of taking arbitration proceedings to oral hearings and defending challenges of arbitration awards in the High Court. Increasingly, Frances' practice focuses on advising clients on addressing risks, and crisis management in a property context.
Frances has experience of advising on cases in the County Courts, High Court (including TCC), Court of Appeal, arbitration proceedings and mediation.
- Assists with editing Butterworths' Business Landlord and Tenant Handbook.
- Frequently writes articles for and is quoted in the national and property press including the FT, The Times and EG.
- Year Qualified
University of Durham
- BA (Hons) English Literature
- CPE and LPC, College of Law, London
- Higher Rights of Audience (All Civil Courts)
- Professional memberships
- Committee member of the Property Litigation Association, co-leading their wellbeing initiative
Frances is a "notable practitioner" and ranked individually in the legal directories. "Frances Richardson is praised for her 'thoroughness' and 'very hands-on' approach" (Legal 500).
"Frances Richardson receives market approval for her handling of a range of complex real estate disputes, including those stemming from major corporate insolvencies" (Chambers UK)