Jack is an Associate specialising in commercial projects, with a focus on infrastructure, transport and energy. He has acted on a range of matters ranging from rail franchising bids and mobilisations, renewable energies projects; telecommunications; and transport infrastructure projects.
Jack's recent experience includes:
- Advising the Department for Transport on the mobilisation of the West Coast Partnership franchise.
- Completed a part-time secondment to SSE Retail where I directly supported the business, advising on a range of commercial matters, including the drafting and negotiation of supply of software contracts, services agreements, outsourcing arrangements, sponsorship contracts and memorandums of understanding, involving collaboration with a number of different stakeholders and counterparties.
- Advising SSE Electricity on the contractual framework governing the second tranche of its smart meter rollout programme.
- Advising Hitachi Rail Europe on its manufacture and sale of a fleet of trains to East Coast Trains Limited, including the associated maintenance arrangements and interfaces with the third party financier.
- Advising Merseytravel and the West Midlands Combined Authority in connection with their assessment and development of an Outline Business Case for alternative bus service delivery options.
- Advising "The Number UK" on the outsourcing of its directory enquiry services to a telecommunications provider.
- Advising Octopus Energy in relation to its strategic energy partnership with Co-Op Energy and the acquisition of its customer book.
- Advising the West Yorkshire Combined Authority on the proposed development of four new railway stations within the Leeds City Region
- Advising a group of freight operating companies on the implementation of ERTMS and the development of a Commercial Agreement with Network Rail.
- Advised Peel Energy on the sale of its stake in an onshore wind farm to a renewables developer.
- Advising International Airlines Group (IAG) in relation to its procurement of jet fuel, including the drafting of a bespoke fuel supply agreement for use in its supply chain.
- Advising VTG Rail UK on a contract to deliver fuel to one of its major clients, including the associated fuel and depot access arrangements.
- Spanish (intermediate)