Jack is a Managing Associate specialising in complex commercial projects, with a focus on infrastructure, transport and energy. He has acted for public and private sector clients on a wide range of matters ranging from rolling stock procurements, franchise mobilisations and renewable energy projects.
Jack's key experience includes advising:
- Hitachi Rail on the sale of AT300 electric trains to East Coast Trains, including the associated maintenance arrangements and interfaces with the third party financier, its bid to sell a fleet of ten InterCity tri-mode trains to LNER and its bid to provide a smart ticketing system to Transport for the North. Jack also led a four-month secondment to Hitachi where he advised the business on various commercial and regulatory matters.
- the Department for Transport on the mobilisation of the West Coast Partnership franchise, the performance scorecard elements of the Emergency Measures Agreements and the National Rail Contracts.
- the Department for Transport on the restructuring and amendment with High Speed Two (HS2) Limited and the different governance and contractual requirements required for the various stages of the High Speed 2 project (including the control, oversight and management of HS2's performance).
- Merseytravel and the West Midlands Combined Authority in connection with their bus franchising options assessments, including development of an Outline Business Case for franchising against alternative bus service delivery models, such as Enhanced Partnership, pursuant to the Bus Services Act 2017.
- Asda Stores on its energy supply arrangements and transitional services across all of its stores and depots in connection with sale of a majority stake in the supermarket group by Walmart Inc to a consortium of the Issa brothers and TDR Capital.
- Southern Water on its 80-year Bulk Supply Agreement with Portsmouth Water under which Portsmouth Water will construct the new Havant Thicket Storage Reservoir and supply Southern with 21 million litres of water a day.
- SGN on its JV with Vital Energi for the delivery of a portfolio District Heat Networks and Power Generation Assets across SGN's existing land bank, including an associated Collaboration and Innovation Agreement.
- Spanish (intermediate)