Erin is an Associate within the Litigation department, providing advice and expertise on a variety of contentious matters. Erin has a particular interest in disputes involving commercial contracts, contentious insolvency and high-value debt recovery matters. Erin also has experience in relation to advising companies in respect of Director and Shareholder disputes and has recently been instructed in a number of complex partnership disputes.
Erin frequently acts in contentious sport matters and has been instructed by a variety of football clubs and other sporting bodies to represent them in disputed hearings and arbitrations.
Erin has extensive expertise acting on behalf of insolvency practitioners, shareholders and directors in complex insolvency disputes and is frequently called upon to provide advice on a range of issues including gratuitous alienations and unfair preferences claims, retention of title, landlord’s hypothec, wrongful trading and directors’ duties and disqualification issues.
With a passion for advocacy, Erin regularly appears in Sheriff Courts across Scotland. She is also experienced in Court of Session matters and has instructed Counsel in a number of high value cases.
- Represented a large farming company in successfully defending a Supreme Court appeal brought by HMRC concerning VAT payments under Government subsidy schemes.
- Successfully settled an action on behalf of a large hospitality company in relation to a claim relating to the sale of a commercial property.
- Instructed by a premiership football club to represent them at a hearing following an alleged breach of the Scottish FA Disciplinary rules.
- Settling a breach of warranty claim on behalf of the former shareholders where the sums in dispute were in excess of £10 million.
- Represented multiple individuals in a multi-million pound dispute against a firm of house builders in a matter involving breach of contract, professional negligence and quantification of damages.