Erin is a Managing Associate and Solicitor Advocate in the Commercial Disputes team in Edinburgh. Erin provides advice and expertise on a variety of contentious matters and has a particular interest in disputes involving commercial contracts, contentious insolvency and high-value debt recovery matters. Erin also has experience in relation to advising companies in respect of Director and Shareholder disputes and has recently been instructed in a number of complex partnership disputes.
Erin frequently acts in contentious sport matters and has been instructed by a variety of football clubs and other sporting bodies to represent them in disputed hearings and arbitrations. She is named as a "Rising Star" in this field by the Legal 500.
Erin has extensive expertise acting on behalf of insolvency practitioners, shareholders and directors in complex insolvency disputes and is frequently called upon to provide advice on a range of issues including gratuitous alienations and unfair preferences claims, retention of title, landlord’s hypothec, wrongful trading and directors’ duties and disqualification issues.
- Acted for a large family farming company in successfully defending a Supreme Court appeal brought by HMRC concerning VAT payments under Government subsidy schemes (reported).
- Acted for a premiership football club to defend a Notice of Complaint issued by the SPFL. The original decision was successfully appealed. The proposed sanctions would have had a significant impact on other clubs and the remainder of the season.
- Represented multiple individuals in a multi-million pound dispute against a firm of house builders in a matter involving breach of contract, professional negligence and quantification of damages.
- Acted for a high net worth individual in a Court of Session claim where sums sought exceed £2,500,000.
- Represented an individual in a complex partnership dispute which culminated in a four-day Proof Before Answer. All orders sought were granted (reported).
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of Scotland
- University of Aberdeen – LLB (Hons) (2012)
- University of Aberdeen – Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2013)
- French - fluent
- Spanish - good command
- Italian - good command