Paul works with a number of investors, developers, occupiers and landowners across all aspects of commercial real estate.
He returned to private practice in 2014 after 8 years as legal counsel with a property development and investment group with a UK wide multi-sector portfolio, where he worked closely with project and management teams, funders and other consultants to deliver the desired results within an agreed timescale. He uses those same skills now on a number of different projects.
- a major pension fund on a portfolio sale and leaseback with a UK leisure park operator, to create a ground lease investment
- an industrial property fund on its Scottish investment acquisitions and ongoing asset management as part of its rapid growth
- a boutique hotel operator on the development and letting of its new Edinburgh hotel and a property company on two deals to develop and let serviced apartments in Edinburgh to an innovative US operator
- a major UK supermarket on the management of its Scottish property portfolio as well as several national retailers and property companies on the asset management of extensive High Street retail portfolios
- the landowner of two significant mixed use development sites, dealing with local authorities, housebuilders, retail developers, Housing Infrastructure Fund funding, adjacent landowners and utility providers
- one of the UK's largest independent fuel distributors on its operational property portfolio, including the roll-out of 2 electric vehicle chargepoint projects, fuel depots, petrol filling stations, HGV refuelling bunkers and surplus property disposals
- a property company on the funding, acquisition, development and letting of a complex mixed use project in Edinburgh
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland