Paul advises banks, brokers, insurers, asset managers and corporate buy-side entities in relation to derivatives, securities financing transactions, financial collateral arrangements and the implementation of related financial services regulation.
Paul's experience includes:
- Negotiation of derivatives and securities financing trading documentation (including ISDA Master Agreements, Global Master Repurchase Agreements and Global Master Securities Lending Agreements) on behalf of both sell-side and buy-side clients.
- Advising banks, payment services firms and insurance / reinsurance firms on financial collateral structures, including for compliance with uncleared margin rules.
- Advising firms on compliance with regulations affecting the derivatives and securities financing markets, including the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR), the Securities Financing Transactions Regulation (SFTR) and the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
- Advising numerous challenger banks, building societies, pension schemes and asset managers in relation to their derivatives client clearing and exchange traded derivatives arrangements.
- Advising prudentially regulated firms on the enforceability of close-out netting and collateral arrangements including delivery of supporting legal opinions.