Liam is a Partner in our Investment Management Group, primarily focusing on corporate transactional work on the real estate and asset management sectors. He advises a variety of Private Equity Real Estate managers, institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, REITs and developers/operators on corporate M&A transactions, all aspects of the structuring, establishment, operation, restructuring and exit of funds, joint ventures and other real estate investment structures (including shari'ah compliant structures) and complex management mandates.
Liam has experience acting across all the main real estate sub-sectors, including living (build-to-rent, student accommodation and senior living), office, retail and logistics.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Liam spent time on client secondments with Benson Elliot Capital Management and Man Group and also spent six months working in the Dubai office of his previous firm.
Highlights include acting for:
- Dandara on its structured forward sale of a circa 2,000 unit UK BTR portfolio to ECE
- Pension Insurance Corporation on the corporate aspects of its £185m investment in a new BTR development at New Victoria, Manchester
- Kamco Invest on its establishment of a shari'ah compliant investment structure and related management arrangements with M7 Real Estate in connection with its new UK regional office investment strategy
- PfP igloo on its entry into a new joint venture with Newcastle City Council in respect of the proposed £100m redevelopment of the Stephenson Quarter in Newcastle
- Hammerson on its sale of Parc Tawe Retail Park
- Professional Memberships
- Investment Property Forum