Liam is a Legal Director in our Investment Management Group, primarily focusing on corporate transactional work on the real estate and asset management sectors. He advises a variety of REITs, asset managers, private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds, institutional investors and managers/developers on corporate M&A transactions, all aspects of the structuring, establishment, operation, restructuring and exit of joint ventures and other investment structures, and complex management mandates.
Liam joined Addleshaw Goddard from Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, where he spent time on client secondments with Man Group and Benson Elliot Capital Management.
Highlights include acting for:
- Hammerson on its formation of a joint venture with Allianz Real Estate and acquisition of a portfolio of loans secured against Dundrum Town Centre and other Irish retail assets from NAMA for €1.85 billion, and the subsequent acquisition of the properties
- a Middle-Eastern sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf (the HSBC Tower)
- Moorfield Group on its sale of a circa £1 billion diversified real estate investment portfolio to Lone Star
- Allianz Real Estate on its acquisition of a circa 40 per cent stake in the "Chapter" UK student accommodation platform from Greystar and PSP Investments, and associated joint venture arrangements
- A Canadian pension fund on its establishment of a new £500m BTR joint venture with Long Harbour
- Allianz Real Estate on its establishment of a new €290m "develop-to-core" UK logistics platform with AEW
- TH Real Estate on the sale by the Henderson UK Shopping Centre Fund of a 75 per cent. interest in the £1 billion redevelopment of the Edinburgh St James Shopping Centre to APG, and associated joint venture arrangements
- Hammerson on its sale of a 50 per cent. interest in the Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester to an Asian investor (represented by M&G Real Estate) and associated joint venture arrangements
- JPMorgan Asset Management on its sale of circa £1.5 billion of assets from its direct-to-consumer ISA business to Hargreaves Lansdown and The Share Centre
- Man Group on its acquisition of Sanlam's strategic bond business
- Moorfield Group on the sale of Audley Villages, a luxury senior living platform, from one of its liquidating funds into a new asset-specific fund
- NAB Asset Management on its acquisition of a majority interest in Orchard Street Investment Management, a London-based real estate investment manager.
* Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard
- Year qualified
- University of Manchester, LLB (Hons) Law, 2006
- LPC, BPP Professional Education (London), 2008