Liam is a Partner in our Investment Management Group, primarily focusing on corporate transactional work on the real estate and asset management sectors. He advises a variety of Private Equity Real Estate managers, institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, REITs and developers/operators on corporate M&A transactions, all aspects of the structuring, establishment, operation, restructuring and exit of funds, joint ventures and other real estate investment structures (including shari'ah compliant structures) and complex management mandates.
Liam has experience acting across all the main real estate sub-sectors, including living (build-to-rent, student accommodation and senior living), office, retail and logistics.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Liam spent time on client secondments with Pinebridge Benson Elliot and Man Group's global private market's business, and also spent six months working in the Dubai office of his previous firm.
Highlights include acting for:
- Kamco Invest on its establishment of a shari'ah compliant UK regional office investment strategy in partnership with M7 Real Estate and all acquisitions under such strategy
- Pension Insurance Corporation on its establishment of a UK Build-to-Rent investment platform and the corporate aspects of all of its subsequent acquisitions
- ALMCOR on the formation of a $1.5bn Pan-European "first mile" logistics joint venture with Cerberus Capital Management
- Q Investment Partners on its acquisition of several UK purpose built student accommodation assets for its new UK residential living platform and associate co-investment arrangements
- Dandara on its structured forward sale of a circa 2,000 unit UK Build-to-Rent portfolio to ECE
- DIF Capital Partners on its acquisition of a 90% interest in the Goldsmiths (University of London) student accommodation PPP
- Aviva Investors on the corporate aspects of its acquisitions of Longcross Film Studios and Bermondsey Yards, a prime mixed-use development scheme in SE1
- IMMO Capital on its entry into a single family rental joint venture with a European institutional investor
- British Land on its sale of Vicinitee Limited (a property management software business) to Equiem
- Rocket Properties on its acquisition of One Fairchild, a prime mixed-use development scheme in Shoreditch
- Omnam Group on its joint venture with Bain Capital to redevelop a five star hotel on Lake Como
- Professional Memberships
- Investment Property Forum