Beth is the Head of the Debt Capital Markets practice.
Beth joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2017 from Allen & Overy where she spent over 12 years advising on capital markets issuances, both public listed and privately placed. Beth's practice includes advising issuers (both debut and established), managers/investors and trustees. She is rated "Tier 1" and described as "incredibly knowledgeable and very responsive" by Chambers and Partners and listed as a "Leading Individual" by Legal 500. Her broader capital markets experience ranges from advising on Government Gilt issues, local authority, university and healthcare financing and issues by corporates (on both secured and unsecured issues, and on structured and plain vanilla debt).
Beth's recent experience includes:
- advising the arrangers/bookrunners, bond trustee and security trustee on the issue of over £5bn of public listed bonds by providers of social housing since 2017, including issues by Catalyst Housing, Citizen Housing, Futures Housing Group, Housing 21, Home Group, Karbon Homes, LiveWest, London & Quadrant, Notting Hill Housing, Peabody, Sanctuary, Southern Housing Group and Wrekin
- advising investors such as BaE Systems, Barings, Blackrock, Legal & General, M&G, Macquarie, MetLife, Pension Insurance Corporation, Rothesay Life, Standard Life and Sun Life of numerous private placements by providers of social housing, local authorities and NHS Foundation Trusts;
- advising issuers, trustees and solicitation agents in respect of consent solicitations and other liability management exercises and continuing obligations
- advising issuers in respect of the Bank of England's COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility.
- Contributed a series of articles entitled "Navigating the capital markets" focused on the Debt Capital Markets for housing associations for Social Housing Magazine, aimed at explaining the process and requirements for debut issuers.