Kristina Baurschmidt has extensive experience in real estate law including construction and architectural law with a special focus on plant construction. She advises clients on the drafting and negotiation of contracts in connection with real estate transactions and project developments. With her experience in litigation Kristina is also well placed to resolve disputes out of court. She has been a Specialist Lawyer for Construction and Architecture Law (Fachanwältin für Bau- und Architektenrecht) since 2007.
Her clients include national and international real estate companies and funds, family offices and industrial companies. She has strong industry experience, particularly in the office and residential, logistics and industry sectors.
- Acting for a JG Campus KG; drafting and negotiating a general planner and contractor agreement for the planning and construction of an office and research building with a media dome for an university in South Germany
- Acting for a south German family office; drafting and negotiating the general planner and the general contractor agreement for the construction of a hotel
- Acting for a German Family Trust; negotiating the construction agreement for the development of a museum and consulting during the construction period as well as assisting with the claim management
- Acting for MTU Berlin-Brandenburg; negotiating a complex plant engineering contract for the demolition and new building of a industry gas turbine plant for Vattenfall; at the same time negotiation contracts with the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) in order to align with the construction contract
- Acting for a UK construction company; drafting and negotiating a construction contract for a special use project (Playground)
- Acting for Aurelis Real Estate GmbH; legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating the agreements for several sale-and-lease back transactions concerning logistic/ light-industrial properties
- Acting for real estate investment vehicle of a German family office: legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating of the sale and purchase agreements which were very individual as the sellers were different private owners.
- Acting for a family trust investing in medical centres, legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating the sale-and-purchase agreement including the planning and construction contract as the seller is the general planner and contractor at the same time, negotiating the commercial lease agreements for the doctor’s offices to move in after completion of the project
- Acting for TransEuropean VI (Patrizia AG) in a construction dispute re a retail centre in northern Germany: defects in planning and building with the consequence of water intrusion through the flooring
- Acting for the owners of a landmark office building in South Germany; construction dispute re defects in planning and building with the consequence of water intrusion through the flooring
- Acting for Swiss Life Asset Managers in several court procedures in respect to real estate disputes concerning commercial lease law
- Acting for Ruben Peter GmbH in respect to claims for additional fees arising from the postponement of the construction works - also due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Specialist Lawyer for Construction and Architect Law (Fachanwältin für Bau- und Architektenrecht), 2007
- Second State Examination in Law, Higher Regional Court of Schleswig-Holstein, 2001
- First State Examination in Law, Wuerzburg, 1998
- German Society for Construction Law (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Baurecht e.V.)
- Kristina Baurschmidt is one of "Germany’s best lawyers" for Real Estate Law (Handelsblatt & Best Lawyers, since 2021)