James is an Associate within the Commercial Disputes team in London. James specialises in commercial litigation and advises on complex, high value, and cross-border disputes for a wide range of clients including corporates, financial institutions, and high net worth individuals.
James' recent experience includes:
- acting for British International Investment plc in its defence of £200m Commercial Court proceedings brought by Crane Bank Limited, a Ugandan bank, and its former shareholders for alleged unlawful means conspiracy concerning the sale of the bank's assets to DFCU Bank Limited.
- acting for an asset management company in securing injunctive relief in the Commercial Court in relation to the theft and worldwide dissipation of assets totalling £120m and conducted asset tracing involving multiple bank accounts, five currencies, and various foreign jurisdictions, including: US, Canada, Turkey, North Macedonia, Italy, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
- acting for the former CEO of Carillion plc, now in liquidation, in Part 8 directors' disqualification proceedings in the High Court brought against him by the invsolvency service.
- acting for a high net worth individual in a multi-million pound dispute against a private equity company for breach of fiduciary duties concerning the sale of various companies at an undervalue.
- acting for an international construction company in its multi-million pound dispute with a former director for fraudulently misappropriating company assets.