Addleshaw Goddard's Private Equity team has been crowned 'Law Firm of the Year' in the Deal Structuring category at the British Private Equity Awards 2017, hosted by Unquote", for its leading role in the UK's private equity mid-market.
Seeing off competition from a line-up of some of the UK's top firms, the firm clinched the coveted industry title at the event, held on 3rd October at The Brewery – winning the award for the second time in 3 years. The team's latest award also follows them being named as 'Legal Adviser of the Year' at the British Private Equity awards in both 2016 and 2017.
The category was decided following a rigorous judging process by a panel of experts, who said that Addleshaw Goddard were "the go to firm for private equity", and commended the firm for advising on over 40 deals at a value of over £6.5 billion during the judging period, with large-scale projects including: warehouse park developer P3's sale by TPG to Singapore sovereign wealth fund, GIC, a transaction reported to be Europe's largest Real Estate deal of 2016; R&R Ice Cream's joint venture with Nestle; the sale of Go Outdoors to JD Sports, and Autonet Insurance Services sale to HPS Investment Partners.
Corporate and Commercial Divisional Managing Partner Yunus Seedat, said: "We are immensely proud to have won this latest award, as it highlights our market leading position in the UK mid-market, and I would like to thank everybody in our team for their hard work in achieving this. We have continued to see a flurry of activity in the mid-market as well as advising on some higher value transactions, and our team's dedication to providing quality service to our clients, through the use of innovation and second-to-none expertise, is central to this."
The team has recently grown further, with the hire of prominent Partner Pete Wood, who joined the Firm from Pinsent Masons, and Jemma Clarke, who joined from White & Case. The merger of Addleshaw Goddard with HBJ now also gives the firm strong private equity coverage both north and south of the border.
Notes to Editors
AG's Private Equity team is now one of the largest UK teams active in the mid-market private equity sector, comprising 14 partners. The team has a breath of experience in the private equity space, with a track record of advising management teams on large-cap private equity transactions. Headline deals over the last year include advising:
- The shareholders of Autonet Insurance Services on its sale to HPS Investment Partners
- ECI's investment in Edenhouse
- LDC's investment in PAW Structures
- Livingbridge's investment in Exclaimer Holdings
- Foresight's investment in Utility Funding Limited
- LDC's investment in Chargepoint Technology
- LDC's investment in Fishawack Group
- LDC's sale of The Creative Engagement Group
- Ardenton Capital's investment in Corbetts the Galvanizers
- Inflexion's investment in Cawood Scientific
- NorthEdge Capital's investment in Future Industrial Services
- NorthEdge Capital's sale of Fine Industries
- Innovative Bite's acquisition of Hancocks
- Sykes Cottages acquisition of Helpful Holidays Holdings Ltd
- Frontier Development Capital's investment in Ingenuity Digital Holdings Group
- Foresight's investment in Utilities Design & Planning
- Phoenix's sale of Key Retirement Group to Partners Group
- Inflexions investment in Outdoor Plus
- Phoenix's investment in Rayner Surgical
- Pollen Street Capital's acquisition of iCheque