The comprehensive, user-friendly guide to ensure your 2023 annual report is compliant
For over 15 years, UK-incorporated, premium listed main market companies have relied on us to help them meet their annual reporting requirements. Company secretarial and governance professionals at over 100 main market listed companies have used our comprehensive Annual Reporting Handbook to help them navigate annual reporting law, regulation and best practice, all delivered in a user-friendly format. The 2023/24 edition is now available.
Some of the key changes and issues covered this year:
- Economic uncertainty - Regulatory focus areas and disclosure expectations for reporting in the current economic environment.
- Climate - Opportunities to enhance TCFD-reporting, plus early consideration of the Transition Plan Taskforce's Disclosure Framework, and new mandatory statutory climate-related financial disclosure requirements for certain larger listed companies.
- Diversity - New FCA diversity reporting requirements at board and senior management level, and voluntary senior management ethnic diversity targets for FTSE 350 listed companies.
- Governance - The FRC's areas of focus to improve governance reporting, including explaining Code departures, outcomes-based reporting, and reporting on the effectiveness of risk management and internal control systems.
- Board effectiveness - Voluntary application of the FRC's new Audit Committee Minimum Standard, and opportunities to improve reporting on board performance reviews in line with the Chartered Governance Institute's updated guidance.
- Remuneration – The FRC's observations and areas of focus to improve Code-driven, and for the first time statutory, remuneration reporting.
- AGM - Considerations for the 2024 AGM, including proposed capital authorities resolutions and other areas of possible investor scrutiny.
How can the Annual Reporting Handbook help you?
Drafted from the perspective of a UK-incorporated, premium listed main market company with a 31 December 2023 financial year-end, the Handbook:
- summarises the reporting rules with which you must comply this year and highlights the areas on which investors are likely to focus their attention;
- provides assurance to reporting teams and ultimately company boards that all relevant reporting requirements have been addressed; and
- draws attention to additional best practice reports and guidance that will help enhance the quality of a listed company’s reporting.
Purchase the Handbook
Important: Please read our Terms of Sale.