Addleshaw Goddard are delighted to be hosting the Northern Planning Conference in association with LLG Legal Training
The Conference will provide delegates with the opportunity to hear from practitioners from across the planning field and will be chaired by Gary Sector, Planning Partner at Addleshaw Goddard. Speakers will include Martin Farringdon, Director of City Development at Leeds City Council; Virginia Blackman, National Head Site Assembly and Compulsory Purchase at Avison Young; Killian Garvey, Kings Chambers; and Matt Lamb, Director of Growth and Regeneration at Newark and Sherwood District Council.
Legal updates will be provided by members of Kings Chambers and Addleshaw Goddard, to include recent changes to the NPPF, the Rosewell Review, viability appraisals and CIL. There will also be sessions exploring how compulsory purchase powers can be used to deliver policy and growth objectives and how planning can be used as a tool for growth in the North of England. The Conference will conclude with a panel discussion.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Addleshaw Goddard, 3 Sovereign Square, Sovereign Street, Leeds, LS1 4ERView on map
This course will cover the following aspects of the SRA’s Statement of solicitor competence:
- A2 Maintain the level of competence and legal knowledge needed to practice effectively, taking into account changes in their role and/or practice context and developments in the law
- A4 Draw on sufficient detailed knowledge and understanding of their field(s) of work and role in order to practice effectively
- A5 Apply understanding, critical thinking and analysis to solve problems
- B3 Develop and advise on relevant options, strategies and solutions
- B6 Negotiate solutions to clients’ issues