Jonathan heads our Construction Energy and Infrastructure disputes team specialising in international arbitration, litigation and all forms of ADR. He has particular experience in energy projects and in providing advice on and arbitrating the FIDIC forms of contract. Jonathan has advised clients in construction and energy projects and disputes worldwide, advising in jurisdictions as diverse as Malaysia, Bulgaria, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, USA, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan and PRC.
Jonathan has much experience of in working on projects throughout the GCC including by way of example industrial and power plant projects in Jordan, port facilities in Saudi Arabia and Oman, power projects in Qatar and commercial developments in the UAE.
Jonathan is known for his work in relation to PFI/PPP projects, particularly in relation to distressed projects.
Jonathan sits on our Board and International Executive Team with particular responsibility for emerging markets.
- Acting for a Korean contractor in ICC arbitration regarding the EPC construction of an IWPP in Jordan
- Acting for a UK/Chinese joint venture in a AAA arbitration in San Diego regarding a US$55m dispute regarding the design and construction of an LNG breakwater facility at Costa Azul, Mexico
- Acting for a Dubai based contractor in a US$65m ICC arbitration relating to contracts for the supply and construction of a new oil and gas refinery in India and their termination
- Acting for a Japanese contractor in relation to ICC arbitration regarding the design and construction of a major trunk road in Tanzania
- Acting for a global energy contractor in relation to disputes arising as a result of the Supreme Court of Pakistan's decision relating to the alleged illegality of Rental Power Plants in Pakistan
- Professional memberships
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
"He is known by clients as a 'smart individual with a good, strategic mind'
Chambers UK (2017)
"Tactical excellence and good industry and legal knowledge"
The Legal 500 (2016)
"A class act"
The Legal 500 (2016)
"Particularly skilled in energy matters and international cases"
Chambers UK (2015)
"Highly rated for complex cross-border disputes"
The Legal 500 (2014)
We offer a full range of legal services in all major jurisdictions and economic centres worldwide.