Michael specialises in a wide variety of commercial real estate transactions. He has extensive experience in business and retail development, including site acquisition, development finance, speculative and pre-let development, and in establishing management structures. Acting for quoted property companies, institutional investors, developers, lenders and occupiers, Michael also handles the acquisitions and disposal of a wide range of investment properties and advises on real estate joint ventures.
Recent example of matters on which Michael has advised include:
- Advising The British Land Company plc on the disposal of a flagship department store on Oxford Street for £400m.
- Advising The British Land Company plc on the redevelopment of 520,000 sq ft of office and retail space at 100 Liverpool Street, on its Broadgate campus.
- Advising a large international company in connection with the £300m disposal of land in central London and the development and leaseback on the site of a 210,000 sq ft global headquarters building
- Advising Battersea Power Station Development Company on the commercial lettings for the first three phases of the redeveloped Battersea Power Station, together with the acquisition from Network Rail and development of land adjacent to the main site
- Advising The British Land Company plc on the regear of a retail portfolio with a rent roll of £6.3m pa, described as a "gamechanger" by the client
- B A (Hons) in Law, Pembroke College, Cambridge
- LPC, College of Law (1994)
- LLM, Pembroke College, Cambridge