Mark joined the firm in 2017 where he completed his training contract and then qualified into the Scottish Real Estate team.
Mark acts on a broad spectrum of commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on commercial leasing. He is well versed in acting for both owners and occupiers alike and provides advice on all aspects of commercial leasing throughout the lifecycle of a lease. Mark is also regularly involved in corporate transactions, leading on the property side of various deals, often working to challenging deadlines to meet the needs of his clients.
Recent example of Mark's experience include:
- acting for a large UK industrial property fund on its Scottish investment acquisitions and ongoing asset management
- advising on the property aspects on circa £15m corporate acquisition, involving a single site comprised of a complex "jigsaw" leasehold/heritable title structure spread over a total of 5 heritable titles/leases with access (& various other) issues
- advising on the property aspects of on a circa £20m corporate disposal, involving a "sub-lease restructure" in respect of circa 10 leases prior to the disposal
- acting for a major UK supermarket operator on the management of its Scottish property portfolio as well as several national retailers and property companies on the asset management of extensive High Street retail portfolios
- managing the roll out of circa 80 leases across the Scottish arm of a client's UK wide portfolio as part of a wider commercial deal
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of ScotlandScottish
- Young Lawyers Association