Georgina is a partner in our Commercial Group and a co-head of our Intellectual Property practice. She is the first port-of-call for many of our clients and departments for complex non-contentious IP issues. Georgina advises on a broad range of commercial agreements, with a particular emphasis on agreements relating to the exploitation of IP rights including patent, trade mark and software licensing, research and development arrangements, confidentiality agreements and franchise agreements. She also has significant experience on IP matters in the context of corporate and finance transactions.
She is an extremely experienced lawyer who has an ability to provide technically excellent advice delivered within a very pragmatic and commercial context. Clients have praised her for being able to "explain complex issues in terms that non-lawyers can easily understand".
- Advised Volkswagen AG in relation to the IP issues arising from major global alliance with Ford, including how intellectual property and brands should be treated in such a collaboration alongside issues surrounding IP creation, flows, ownership and licensing and infringement risk
- Advised Ted Baker on two landmark deals in Asia; a joint venture in Hong Kong and an exclusive retail partnership in Japan, alongside the IP aspects for the acquisition of its branded footwear business from Pentland group
- Led the delivery of our managed legal service offering for AG Intelligent Delivery team and the award-winning Managed Legal Services projects for Microsoft
- Advised a global FTSE 100 aerospace manufacturer in relation to the acquisition of a business-critical patent portfolio with associated licensing rights and exclusive supply arrangements
- Advised National Grid on consortium agreement, IP agreement and exploitation plan for multi-party research and development project benefitting from Innovate UK and NIA funding with Nissan, E.ON, Northern Powergrid, UK Power Networks, Imperial College and the University of Newcastle